Neitsytniemi was part of the town of Vyborg already in the 18th century. The oldest data on inhabitation dates back to the 1730s when the inhabitants had to move elsewhere due to building of Siikaniemi fortress. In the map of 1738, there are some buildings in the area. More extensive migration to Neitsytniemi took place after the 1750s when new plots were formed. The northern part was reserved for military purposes and a military hospital was established there in the 1790s. In the maps of the 1790s the whole area was parcelled out and inhabited.
The military hospital built in 1931, second field artillery regiment, anti-aircraft defence regiment, pharmacy, military pharmacy, and factory of Paperinjalostustehdas Oy were located in Neitsytniemi.